Friday, August 17, 2012

Transplant location

One thing I have noticed drastically different about Haiti is the many sounds. Perhaps, I am more aware of them because I don’t understand the language. Many nights the darkness is filled with roosters crowing and frequent dog fights. In fact one began just now. Tonight I also hear my kettle for hot chocolate whistling on the gas stove. Yes we drink hot chocolate in Haiti. Outside is the gentle patter of sweet rain cutting through the heat of the day. Iowa’s drought made me very thankful for any rain. Once in a while, I hear the metal gate clap beneath the house as someone scurries to evening service. Behind the house Haitian worship songs are echoing from the tin roof of the church.  A very peaceful night!

I went to church last night and sat in the back.  In the front, Lowvince broke free from Kevins to run to me. He was caught again, but I flag him over. I was looking to my left to pick him up and then when I sat back up 4 little ones had appeared on my right side. I love these kids! It breaks my heart to see what amazing kids these are and to realize they have grown up here without a mom and dad.  Rachal said last week “It feels like camp, but they never go home.” When I think about it and want to cry Christ reminds me that they are not alone. He has not forgotten about them and loves them more then any parent ever could.  I’m constantly praying that they each have a personal relationship with Christ. Please join me in prayer for these precious little ones. I will try to post a different little one each week to be the focus of prayer!
 
Please Pray for James this week as he has been battling an infection!





Garden spot for transplanting Moringa trees. We will need to fix the fence to prevent goats from eating my trees.





 To get the strong vines out one person pulls with a rake while the other chops with a machete. It was tough work, but fun to get the hang of using a machete. The little kids did a great job of helping carry rocks to the edge


The boys got a bucket of water to dump down a hole by this tree. Below is what came out. My very first Tarantula! I seriously considered keeping it as a pet. Its life was ended quickly with a swipe of the machete



No comments:

Post a Comment